Saturday, January 26, 2008

He's here!!!!!

January 18th 2008

Nathaniel Victor Hartman is here. He was born at 8:04 am, weighed 7lbs14oz and is 20 inches long. He looks alot like his big brother and his back is covered in dark hair (hehe).

The c-section went very well. Much better than we had anticipated. I was in the OR at 7:56am, got my spinal and Nathaniel was born 8 minutes later. What an amazing experience. Once they sucked out the fluids out of him and covered him in a blanket, the handed him to me (while they stitched me up). I wasn't able to hold Sebastian when he was born so I had begged the nurse prior to my c-section to allow me to spend some time with my son before they wisked him away. I was lucky, I had wonderful nurses. Not having to wait hours (like I had to with Sebastian) to hold your newborn, is priceless.
I cannot begin to explain how wonderful it was to finally meet him. He was even more beautiful than we could have dreamed he would be.
Once I was all stitched up, I was rolled into the recovery room. I felt great and I couldn't wait for Nathaniel to be brought to me so I could nurse him. A few minutes after 9am, my nurse Dolores, rolled him by my side. I layed him on my chest and he nursed like a champ.
Around 11am Sebastian arrived to meet his baby brother. I had waited for this moment for the past 9 months. He walked into the room with his "Big Brother shirt" and immediately came over to kiss Nathaniel then asked to hold him. My two boys together right next to me... I was in heaven.








2 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm such a sap. What a beautiful story - it made me cry. Congrats again! You have such a beautiful family!

Sylvie said...

Salut Virgi!!

Contente d'avoir pu voir ton blog!!

Ton petit bout est super mimi et Seb est toujours aussi adorable!

Bizzzzzzzz

Sylvie