Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Venturing out...

This morning I ventured out alone with both kids. I needed to get out of the house and get some adult interaction so I decided to go back to the mommy group (Nurturing Your Newborn) I had gone to with Sebastian.

I have to admit I was dreading it at first. Nathaniel HATES being in the car and it's such a battle to put Sebastian in his car seat. Much to my surprise, both kids totally cooperated. Nate slept the entire time we were out (except to eat of course) and Seb was a little angel.

While we participated in the group with all the newborns, Sebastian went to the daycare and played with kids his age. He knows the teachers there and ad a blast. When I picked him up e kept saying "fun fun fun mommy" :)

Later on that afternoon, I took Nate for his 2 week checkup. According to his pediatrician, he is doing great. Nate had left the hospital at 7lbs4oz (2 days old), at 5 days he weighed 7 lbs 12oz and 7 days ater he was at 8lbs9oz!! ( a 1lb5oz gain in 10 days). The dr was very impressed and I was super proud!


No comments: