Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life with two...

Life with two has been hectic. Mainly because both refuse to sleep like normal human beings. Sebastian flat out refuses to nap and Nate wakes 15 times a night (no, I am not kidding). Sometimes I wonder how I function... I told Eric that all I want for Christmas is one entire day in bed. No jewelry, no new camera (although I have been dying for one). NOTHING just SLEEP! Yes, that's how desperate I am.
I know there are plenty of books and techniques out there, unfortunately my exhausted brain can't even think straight enough to read one of those books...actually, I started reading one last week. I was determined to have Nate sleep through the night so I forced myself to keep my eyes open long enough to read the book the came highly recommended by many of my friends (Happy Sleep Habits, Happy baby). Within 10 minutes of reading it , I realized this book wasn't for me...why? you ask. One of the questions of the book: How long should you let a child cry? Answer: Up to an hour! Are they out of their minds, how could you let your child cry for that long??? THat's not sleep training that's abuse! I'd rather never sleep again than put my child through that. Anyhow, now we are back to square one and I am more exhausted than ever...I know I'll find a solution...oneday!

No comments: